ABOUT ME – Philip Hedley – 2016
- Born in Cardiff Wales 1948
- Parents immigrated to Zimbabwe in 1950- via ship (Edinburgh Castle) from Southampton to Cape Town then 3 day train ride to Harare.
- Attended school in Zimbabwe.
- Had several holidays in South Africa – including the Oyster Box!! There were then only 4 hotels at Umhlanga Rocks.
- After leaving school in December 1966 moved to London where I trained as a Chartered Accountant.
- Qualified in 1973 and lived in the English Midlands where I met my late wife Carol and where our two daughters were born.
- Moved to Australia in 1979 and lived in Brisbane and Melbourne
- Returned to UK in 1983 – homesick!!
- Returned to Australia (Melbourne) in 1988 – wasn’t so bad after all!!
- Worked for a large Australian Company – Brambles until 1999 when I started my own Consultancy business.
- Retired from business in 2010.
- Moved to Mount Gambier South Australia in 2013 – our youngest Daughter and family moved here in 2003.
- Joined the Rotary Club of Moorleigh (a suburb of Melbourne) in February 1991.
- President 2002/03 and 2010/11
- District Youth Exchange Committee 1994 to 2001.
- District Governor D 9810 2005/06
- Joined TRF Cadre as Financial Auditor in 2006. Have audited Grants in Uganda, Philippines, Indonesia, Fiji and Australia.
- District Secretary 2011-2013
- Charter Member of Rotary eClub of Greater Melbourne – June 2012
- My late wife Carol was also a Rotarian and was President of our eClub at the time of her passing.
In 2014 Carol was presented by the RI Board of Directors with the Rotary Service above Self award for her work over many years.
Golf – Try and play twice a week and am a member of the Australian Rotary Golfing Fellowship.
Cricket – Retired but life member of the Australian Fellowship of Cricketing Rotarians.